Sunday, June 1, 2008

Welcome to the Blog!


Hello, and welcome to the blog of HMS Beagle, your store for science adventure, located in Parkville, Missouri. You can visit our website here, or come and see us in person if you happen to be in the area.

We are a store devoted to science education and advocacy, located just northwest of downtown Kansas City, Missouri off MO-9; 15-20 minutes north of Overland Park (I-635 to MO-9); 20 minutes east of Leavenworth (MO-45 to MO-9); 15-20 minutes northeast of the Kansas Speedway and The Legends (I-435 to MO-45 to M)-9); 15-20 minutes south of Kansas City International Airport (I-29 to MO-45 to MO-9); 30-45 minutes south of St. Joseph (I-29 to MO-45 to MO-8); 4½ hours west of St. Louis (I-70 to I-435 to MO-210 to MO-9); and 3½ hours east of Wichita (KS Turnpike to I435 to MO-45 to MO-9). We stock a wide variety of educational, investigational and entertaining items related to science.

In coming entries, we will have a variety of comments and discussions of science including issues of the day, events in history of scientific importance, as well as updates on what is going on in the store, and new events and special activities that are coming up.

Thanks for stopping in, keep reading and post your comments!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I look forward to participating in a live discussion about various scientific topics!!

Kristen aka Astro Princess

Fishman Jack said...

I was hoping the Kansas City Space Pirates, who are working on a LASER powered space elevator would post comments about their activities.

Fishman Jack