Monday, October 27, 2008

Wear a "Science" Pin

We have but a few days left before the election of the century. I have been wearing my cloisonne AAPS (Association of Applied Paleontological Sciences) pin. When asked about it tell people, "its a campaign button." "Who's it for?," they ask. "Its for the pro-science science candidates and against those candidates who are anti-science," I reply. Of course, I have to carefully explain, to many, who the candidates are that are against science and who the ones are that are for it. This often elicits some surprise or alarm or disbelief, but more and more I am finding folks know exactly who the candidates are.

The cool thing is we should be able to wear our pro-science pins and buttons, with impunity, into the polling places. It seems to me that we can even proudly wear our pro-science teeshirts to vote. None, except those in the know, will be the wiser! There will be a secret communication that others will recognize. When you see someone proudly displaying their pro-science stance on election day nod your head slightly and lay your finger aside your nose.

==JFK==

No comments: